BTS (an acronym for ” Bangtan Boys ” meaning “Bulletproof Boys” according to abbreviationfinder) is a South Korean K-pop music group created by the entertainment company Big Hit Music formerly called as Big Hit Entertainment. [one]
Composed of seven boys named Jin, Suga, J – Hope, JungKook, Jimin, Rap Monster and V who are between the ages of 24 and 29 and have great ability in aspects of dance and rap.
The group became the first and only Korean artist to surpass one billion streams on Apple Music, earning Gaon’s official double million certification. His single “Fake Love” became the fastest music video to reach 60 million views on YouTube.
They are a group called Bangtan sonyeondan released in 2011. The agency has been searching since 2010 for a boy group based on Hip-Hop. Due to this, he held an audition called “Hit It” and after the election of the members the new group would be named. They were close to debuting in 2010 after the audition but the group went through several member changes during the training process and was postponed. RM remains the only original member of the group’s lineup.
- Group names
- BTS (Bangtan Boys; Beyond The Scene,Bulletproof Boys Scouts) International.
- 방탄소년단(Bangtan Sonyeondan) in Korea.
- 防弾少年団(Bōdan shōnen-dan) in Japan.
- 防弹少年团(Fángdàn shàonián tuán) in China.
- As of July 4, 2017, the meaning “Beyond The Scene” was added. Which refers to “the youth that opens the door and walks towards their dream”.
- Official Color:Black and White.
- Debut:In Korea: June 13, 2013.
- In Japan: June 04, 2014.
- Official Fanclub Name: ARMY Adorable Representative MC for Youth. The term “MC” for rappers means “master of ceremonies”. A special term for high-level rappers, through it, they want to say that we are special to them because we are their MC and at the same time, ARMY which means “army” in English, since according to the members, their fans are the army that faithfully, and tirelessly, fight for them.
2013: Debut with Single Album ‘ 2 COOL 4 SKOOL ‘.
On May 26, 2013, the first teaser was released. After that, on June 2, the first member to be revealed was V in the first teaser image, then on June 3, it was followed by Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook in the second teaser image; Lastly, on June 6, RM, J-Hope, and finally Suga in the latest teaser image. They officially debuted on June 12, 2013 with the ‘No More Dream’ MV. His debut was on M!Countdown on June 13, 2013.
On July 16, 2013 they released their second MV called ‘We Are Bulletproof Pt2’. First Mini-Album ‘O!RUL8,2?’.
On August 27, 2013, BigHit Entertainment released a Comeback Trailer that features footage of radios, microphones, and other items imprinted with the BTS logo falling and breaking glass, accompanied by the Intro of ‘O!RUL8,2? background. The trailer reveals their first mini album, its name, release date, and new MV. On September 1, the track list for the new mini album is released. This has an Intro, a Skit, a Cypher, an Outro and six songs.
Finally, after the release of MV Teaser 1 and 2 on September 6 and 8 respectively, on September 11 they make their first comeback with their new mini album ‘O!RUL8,2?’ and release their MV which bears the name ‘NO’.
2014: Second Mini-Album ‘Skool Luv Affair’.
On February 2, 2014, BigHit Entertainment’s channel uploaded the Comeback Trailer, which features a colorful variety of animations flashing on the screen accompanied by RM rapping part of the Intro of his second mini album. This video reveals the name of the mini album ‘Skool Luv Affair’ and its release date.
On February 5, the track list for the mini album was revealed. This contains an Intro, a Skit, a Cypher, an Outro and six songs. On the 11th the ‘Boy in Luv’ MV was released. I’m back with a Special Edition Album ‘Skool Luv Affair (Special Addition)’.
On April 6 they released the MV for ‘Just One Day’, with a slightly different concept than the one we are used to but without losing their own style. On May 14 they released a special edition album that has 12 songs: a new song called ‘Miss Right’, a remix of the song ‘I Like It’, a Skity the rest are songs from the previous mini album.
On July 16 they release their second single album in Japan titled ‘Boy in Luv’. This has three songs: ‘Boy in Luv’, ‘NO’ and ‘Just One Day’. First Full Album ‘DARK & WILD’.
On August 5, Big Hit Entertainment channel released the Comeback Trailer which featured animations of contrasting scenes: a very colorful forest paradise and black and white abandoned structures, accompanied by the Intro: ‘What Am I To You’. On August 7, the company released the first teaser photos for the new studio album. On August 19, the ‘DANGER’ MV was released simultaneously with the album. The group performed in the MV dressed in black, dancing a sharp choreography in a subway tunnel. He’s back with his Second Promotional Single ‘War of Hormone’
On October 20, they revealed teaser photos and that they would be promoting another song from their full album called ‘War of Hormone’. The MV was released on October 21 and shows the boys dressed in retro outfits, acting uncontrollably at the sight of the female lead. It also features the members dancing in an outdoor game. BTS then held their first concert tour called BTS Live Trilogy – Episode II: The Red Bullet throughout October, November, and December. They traveled to Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Third Japanese Single ‘Danger’
On November 19, BTS’s third Japanese single album was released. This contains the Japanese versions of ‘Danger’, ‘進撃の防弾 (Rise of Bangtan)(SONPUB REMIX)’ and ‘Miss Right’. It was released in three editions: normal edition, version A and version B. First Japanese Album ‘WAKE UP’.
2015: Third Mini-Album ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 1’.
The new mini album was released on April 29 including a total of nine songs. The members took on a larger role in producing, composing, as well as writing lyrics compared to their previous album.
An emotional Comeback Trailer was released on April 17, which contains vivid yet energetic animations accompanying the mini album’s Intro.
On April 20, the group revealed teaser photos through their official accounts. In them, the members pose in front of a beautiful cherry blossom backdrop for their individual photos.
On April 29, their third mini album ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 1’ is released, which brought great success to the group. Upon its release, the song ‘I Need U’ got no. 1 in real time on Genie, Daum Music, Soribada and more. It also entered the top 10 on other streaming digital music sites like MelOn, Bugs, and Naver Music. On May 5, their song ‘I Need U’ won first place on SBS MTV The Show, which marked their first win since their debut.
Fourth Japanese Single ‘For You’.
On June 4, BTS released their 4th Japanese single ‘For You’ and the MV for it, to celebrate their 1 year debut anniversary in Japan. The single rose to the top of the Oricon Daily Chart, selling 42,611 copies on its first day.
He’s back with his Second Promotional Single ‘DOPE’. On June 24, the MV for ‘DOPE’ was released, marking the start of another cycle of promotions for the group. This song is found on their previous mini album. The mv received a million views in less than 15 hours.
Since their debut in 2013 with the single album ‘2 Cool 4 Skool’, BTS has often sung and rapped about empowerment and reaching the top of the rat race of life. ‘DOPE’ is the reincarnation of that same message.
Fourth Mini-Album ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 2’.
On September 8, it was announced that ‘The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Pt. 1’ would have a second part. On November 18, the Comeback Trailer was revealed which starts with fans cheering and continues with the Intro ‘Never Mind’ of the new mini album. The second part and fourth mini album contains an Intro, a Skit, an Outro and six songs.
On November 22, BTS releases teaser photos for their upcoming comeback, this time showing all the members individually. Each photo has a message attached that reads: ‘Je Ne Regrette Rien’, which means ‘I don’t regret anything’ in French. The next day more photos are published with the message: ‘Papillon’ French word that in Spanish would be ‘Butterfly’.
Fifth Japanese Single ‘I Need U’.
Following the release of their single ‘For You’ in June, BTS will release the Japanese version of ‘I NEED U’ on December 8. The fifth Japanese single will feature ‘Dope’ and ‘Fun Boys’ Japanese version. 2016: 6th Japanese Single ‘RUN’.
On February 19, four images for the single titled ‘RUN’ were released through BTS’ official Japanese Twitter.
The single includes the Japanese versions of ‘Run’, ‘Butterfly’ and a new song called ‘Good Day’.
‘RUN’ managed to position itself as no. 1 on the Oricon music chart, this being their third title in a row to achieve it.
Special Album ‘YOUNG FOREVER’.
On March 21, Big Hit confirmed that BTS would be releasing a special album ‘화양연화 Young Forever’ on May 2. This concluded the series of ‘화양연화 The Most Beautiful Moment In Life’. On the same day, Big Hit released a teaser poster for their concerts under the name of 2016 BTS LIVE ‘화양연화 On Stage: Epilogue’ held at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena on May 7-8, 2016. All tickets sold out.
On May 2nd at midnight, BTS revealed the music video for their title track ‘FIRE’ earning 5 million views in one day. ‘FIRE’ is a catchy dance number with explosive choreography, similar to their previous tracks “Danger” and “Dope”. In the music video, the members enjoy their lives to the fullest and set things on fire as they go. In just one hour, ‘FIRE’ managed to be #1 on various music sites. Among them MelOn, Genie, Mnet, Naver Music, Soribada, and Monkey3, achieving an “all-kill”.
They recorded on the first day of their comeback: MCOUNTDOWN, MUSIC BANK and INKIGAYO. They won for the first time at INKIGAYO with ‘FIRE’. On May 16, promotions for the last album and The Most Beautiful Moment era ended.
Second Japanese Album ‘YOUTH’.
On July 5, it was reported that BTS would be releasing their second Japanese album called ‘Youth’ on September 7. This album was to celebrate the second anniversary of their debut in Japan and will be released in three versions. As of July 5, teaser images of the members were revealed through the group’s official Japanese Twitter account.
Second Complete Album ‘WINGS’.
On September 5th after a short film titled ‘WINGS’ starring Jungkook Big Hit revealed that the group would be making a comeback with their 2nd full album titled ‘WINGS’. On September 5, Big Hit released the first short film for BTS’s upcoming comeback with their 2nd full album titled ‘WINGS’, along with Jungkook titled ‘BEGIN’. On September 6, the second short film with Jimin titled ‘LIE’ was released. On the 8th the third with V titled ‘STIGMA’ was released. On the 9th, the fourth with SUGA titled ‘FIRST LOVE’ was released and on the same day, various sources in Korea reported that the group would be making a comeback in October. On the 10th they released the fifth short film with RM titled ‘REFLECTION’. The 11th was released the sixth with J-Hope titled ‘MAMA’ and on the 13th the seventh and last with Jin titled ‘AWAKE’ was released. On September 25, the Comeback Trailer (starring J-Hope) was released in which they reported the return date: October 10.
‘Blood Sweat & Tears’ topped the realtime popularity chart on China’s largest music site QQMusic, and “WINGS” also took first place on the site’s daily and weekly album sales chart.
The music video for ‘Blood Sweat & Tears’ got over 6 million views in one day and over 10 million views in two days, breaking the record for most viewed music video in the K-Pop boy group category.
2017: Extended album ‘WINGS: You Never Walk Alone’.
On January 11, 2017, Big Hit announced that BTS would be making their comeback in February with a new album.
On January 23, Big Hit Entertainment announced that the group’s album “WINGS: You Never Walk Alone” would be released on February 13. Big Hit also stated that their new album would be a follow-up to the album released in October 2016. The new album contains stories that the original did not. For this album, the members of BTS have participated in the lyrics, composition and production of new songs.
On February 7, BTS revealed the track list for their highly anticipated new album, which is a follow-up to their hit album “WINGS.”
On February 10, BTS released a teaser video for the song “Spring Day” from their new album “You Never Walk Alone.”
On February 13, BTS released their new album “You Never Walk Alone,” which is a follow-up to their hit album “WINGS” from last fall. The album includes many of the songs from “WINGS,” as well as “Spring Day,” “Not Today,” “Outro: Wings,” and “A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk Alone.”
The group also released the music video for their new track “Spring Day,” which features heartbreaking and heartbreaking scenes. BTS leader RM wrote the theme tune for “Spring Day,” and the song is infused with influences from various genres, from hip hop to British rock.
“Spring Day” took first place on all eight major music sites on their realtime charts, including Melon, Mnet, Bugs, olleh, Soribada, Genie, Naver Music, and Monkey3. His track “Not Today” ranked No. 2 on all eight music charts, while his other new singles “A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk Alone” and “Outro: Wings” came close behind and scored No. 3 and fourth place in seven of the eight music charts.
“You Never Walk Alone” also topped iTunes music charts in 13 countries including Armenia, Brunei, Finland, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Peru, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Additionally, their single “Spring Day” has become the first song by a K-Pop group to break into the top 10 on iTunes charts in the US. Singer PSY previously took first place with “ Gangnam Style,” but BTS is the first group to make it into the top 10.
On February 20, BTS revealed the music video for their song “Not Today” from their album “You Never Walk Alone.” The song is an anthem that encourages those who are struggling to fight and overcome obstacles.
BTS, who was previously under Pony Canyon, signed with Universal Music -owned agency Def Jam Recordings for their promotions in Japan. In turn, the group will release their seventh Japanese single, and their first under Def Jam Recordings, “Blood Sweat & Tears (Japanese Ver.)” on May 10.
As of July 4, 2017, the name “BTS” is added the meaning “Beyond The Scene” (in Spanish it is “Beyond the scenes”) that symbolizes: “The youth that opens the door, and walks towards his dream”.
Along with this, the BTS and ARMY logos are changed, ceasing to be represented by the “Bulletproof Vest” and beginning with the two semi-open doors (BTS) and the two semi-closed doors (ARMY). This tries to express ARMY in front of BTS, who open the doors to them, reflecting BTS in the moments of youth. Comeback Home.
On September 3, the distribution company LOEN Entertainment revealed that from the period of August 25 to 31. BTS’s new mini album “Love Yourself 承 ‘Her’ achieved a total of 1,051,546 pre-orders, surpassing her previous record for her album “You Never Walk Alone” which reached 700,000 pre-orders.
On September 5, BTS revealed a trailer for their comeback titled “Serendipity,” which features Jimin singing a new track.
On September 18 at 6 p.m., their new album “Love Yourself: Her” was released along with a music video for the title track. “DNA” is an EDM pop track that expresses youth and pure love. The song has a catchy tone and acoustic guitar sound. “DNA” and all the songs on her album topped all 8 national music charts.
The mini album “Love Yourself: Her” took first place on iTunes Top Albums charts in 73 regions. This is the highest number ever for a K-pop artist.
These regions include: the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d ‘Ivoire, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Maurici, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine and Vietnam.
On November 16, the official teaser of the collaboration between BTS and Steve Aoki was revealed for the remix of the song “MIC Drop” which would be released on the 24th.
On November 23, BTS’s Japanese label Universal Music revealed that the group’s upcoming single album, titled “MIC Drop/DNA/Crystal Snow,” recorded impressive pre-orders. Currently the number of pre-orders in stock is over 300,000.
On December 6, the Oricon chart revealed that BTS’s eighth Japanese single album “MIC Drop / DNA / Crystal Snow” sold 269,861 units in just one day and has topped the daily singles chart.
“DNA” has exceeded 300,000,000 million views on YouTube and this, in addition to being the group’s first video to achieve it, becomes the first K-pop video that has reached this amount the fastest.
2018: Third Japanese Album ‘Face Yourself’.
On February 1, 2018, through his Twitter account, his third Japanese album called Face Yourself was announced, which includes hit tracks in Japanese along with 2 new songs.
BTS released their third Japanese full album “Face Yourself” on April 4, and the group once again took first place on the daily album chart on the Oricon site’s music statistics. Oricon claims that “Face Yourself” sold an estimated total of 188,085 units on the day of its release.
As of April 4, BTS took the top spot on iTunes album charts in 49 different countries with “FACE YOURSELF.”
Ultimately, the songs “Don’t Leave Me” and “Let Go” from the album took first place on single song charts in 30 and five countries.
On June 1, Fake Love debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100.
Fake Love’s MV reached 200 million views in just 44 days, becoming the first K-pop group to achieve such a record. On July 7, 2018, it was reported that Love Yourself: Tear had sold a total of 1,919,000 total copies worldwide so far.
“Love Yourself: Tear”
On May 19, the group’s third full album “Love Yourself: Tear” topped the iTunes charts in more than 65 countries. Fake Love” also swept iTunes charts around the world. The song took number 1 in 52 different regions.
On May 27, it was announced that his album Love Yourself: Tear had reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, thus becoming the first Korean artist to reach No. 1 on the Billboard 200. Shortly after, Billboard announced that BTS Fake Love had debuted at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, being the first Korean group to do so.
On June 3, Love Yourself: Tear reached #3 on the Weekly Album Top 10 on TBS1 in Japan.
On June 8, Gaon Chart revealed that BTS had sold 1,664,041 copies of the album in just 14 days after its release on May 18. The figure not only marked the highest monthly sales for an album in Gaon Chart history, but also marked the highest monthly sales of any album (not including repackaged albums) released in Korea since 2000, when the ballad singer Jo Sung Mo sold 1,705,127 copies of his third album in a single month.
On June 22 United World Chart reported that BTS’s album Love Yourself: Tear was #9 in worldwide sales for the month of June with 79,000 albums sold and making a total of 1,806,000 albums sold since their comeback on June 18. May and being the only Korean artist to rank in the TOP 10 of the list.
On July 12, 2018, it was reported that Love Yourself: Tear had become the first album to receive the “Million” certificate (over a million sales) on Gaon.
Special Album ‘Love Yourself: Answer’
On July 17, BTS announced through their fancafe that Love Yourself: Answer would be out on August 24, and pre-orders would begin on July 18. On August 9, Big Hit released a teaser video titled “Love Yourself: Answer ‘Epiphany’, a new song performed and written by Jin.
On August 19, the track list for the new special album “Love Yourself: Answer” was revealed. Featuring songs from the previous albums (LY ‘Her’ and ‘Tear’), as well as new songs, ending with a total of 25 songs.
On August 22, BTS revealed the first MV teaser for their new song “IDOL.”
On August 24, BTS released the MV for “IDOL”, the theme song for the special album “Love Yourself: Answer”. The song combines Korean, Bollywood and African rhythms, while the lyrics talk about how they don’t care what others say, they will continue to be themselves and do what they want to do.
|Stage name||Real name||Date of birth|
|Jin (진)||Kim Seok Jin (김석진)||December 4, 1992|
|SUGA (슈가)||Min Yoongi (민윤기)||March 9, 1993|
|J-Hope (제이홉)||Jung Hoseok (정호석)||February 18, 1994|
|Rap Monster (랩몬스터)||Kim Namjoon (김남준)||September 12, 1994|
|Jimin (지민)||Park Ji Min (박지민)||October 13, 1995|
|V (뷔)||Kim Tae-hyung (김태형)||December 30, 1995|
|Jungkook (정국)||Jeon Jungkook (전정국)||September 1, 1997|
- Before they debuted, they already had 2,000 fans subscribed to their fan-cafe.
- For their reality show, American Hustle Life, they traveled to the city of Los Angeles, in the United States. They learned about Hip Hop from artists like Coolio, Dante Evans, Nate Walka, Tony Jones, Warren G, Iris Stevenson, etc.
- Their debut song “No More Dream” was written in 2012 by RM, SUGA, and one of the former members, Donghyuk (Supreme Boi). The lyrics were rewritten by them more than 22 times.
- Their debut single “2 COOL 4 SKOOL” contains two “Hidden Tracks” or hidden songs that are not featured in the official song charts or on BigHit Entertainment’s official page, these songs are “Skit: On the Start Line” and ” 길 (Road/Path)” leaving the single with a total of 9 songs.
- When they debuted, BTS thought of various ways to do their intro but they were scrapped as most of them were embarrassing. In the end they settled on a short catchphrase: “BANG! SO! Hi, we’re BTS!”
- They held their first Japanese concert “WAKE UP: OPEN YOUR EYES” in February 2015 in the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Fukuoka.
- They are included in the ranking of the American digital cable and satellite television channel, FuseTV, among “The 27 best albums we have listened to in 2015… So far”. Being the only Korean artist included in the list with his mini-album 화양연화1.
- With their sixth Japanese single “RUN” they reached the top of Japan’s Oricon charts selling over 70,000 albums. On December 10, Oricon’s daily chart revealed that the group sold more than 11,143 albums that day and rose from third to second. “RUN” is the third song in a row to rank No. 1 on the Oricon music chart after “For You” and “I NEED U”.
- The selca that the group took with an award on the night of the 2015 Melon Music Awards was selected by Twitter Korea as the “Golden Tweet” receiving more than 2.9 million views.
- His videos “I Need U’, “Prologue”, “Run” and “Young Forever” are intertwined with each other, but the true story and possible real order behind them is unknown.
- They were nominated for Billboard Awards’ “Top Social Artist”, alongside artists such as Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez and Shawn Mendes.
- On December 18, 2015, the iTunes K-pop chart revealed that BTS took first place with their album 화양연화2 and the song from the same album “RUN”. Within the top 100 songs on the chart list, a total of 13 BTS songs appear. “DOPE” is in third place, “Butterfly” is in sixth place, and “I Need U” is in seventh place to name a few.
- The album 화양연화2 debuted at number one on Billboard’s “World Albums chart”, in addition, it has managed to do so twice non-consecutively, being also the album with the longest time on said chart by having more than six weeks. The album was also named one of the best of the year, and its title track “RUN” was named one of the best songs of 2015 in Kpop.
- Big Hit is positioned in second place in physical sales in 2015, being the first SM with the group “EXO”, and above large companies such as YG and JYP.
- On May 2, 2016, they achieved their first all kill, with the song “FIRE” from the special album Young Forever simultaneously reaching No. 1 on all Korean music charts.
- On May 12, 2016, they became the first Korean group to have their own Twitter emoji. You had to use the hashtags #BTS, #LoveBTS or #방탄소년단. These turned into TT’s within 5 minutes.
- In less than an hour the hashtag #WINGSBR that referred to his new comeback, managed to be no. 1 as a global trend.
- VLIVE servers went down as over 500,000 fans were online to watch the BTS ‘WINGS’ preview SHOW live. They had to delay the live for more than half an hour and in the meantime, a million more fans connected. They managed to finish the show with more than 3 million live visits and with more than 100 million hearts.
- They are the first Korean artists to position themselves for the second time in a row in the top 200 Billboard with their special album Young Forever (then for the 3rd time with WINGS).
- BTS managed to sell out all the concert tickets of their Asian tour. On June 25, Big Hit revealed that all 144,000 tickets for the 2016 BTS Live 화양연화 On Stage: Epilogue Asia Tour had been sold. The tour consists of 14 concerts in 10 cities in Asia.
- They managed to sell over 500,000 physical albums in the pre-sale period. Fans had neither seen the promotional photos nor knew which songs were going to be included on the album.
- Their second album WINGS managed to top the charts in 97 countries and achieved an all-kill on Korean music portals. They managed to occupy the first 16 positions of sites like MelOn and NAVER with the 15 songs of their album and with “FIRE” as 16th.
- WINGS became no. 2 on the “Worldwide iTunes Album Chart” and “Blood Swear & Tears” reached no. 1 among music videos on US iTunes.
- With their album WINGS, they first appeared on popular news channels like SBS News 8, KBS Morning News, MBC, YTN News21, and more.
- WINGS spent two consecutive weeks on the Billboard 200′, the second week at no.106. They also ranked no. 86 on the “Billboard Canadian Hot 100”.
- The music video for “DNA,” the title track of their mini album “Love Yourself: Her,” released on September 18, 2017 at 6 p.m. KST reached 10 million views on YouTube around 2 a.m. KST on September 19, making them the fastest K-Pop group to reach this milestone in just eight hours.
- According to Spotify on September 19, 2017 (GMT), DNA has entered the streaming service’s Global Top 50 at number 50, marking the first time a Korean artist has entered it.
- On November 19, 2017, they performed their first live performance at AMAs in the United States, making them the first K-Pop group and the second Korean artist to perform live on American TV.
- ‘Fake Love’ became the fastest music video to reach 60 million views on Youtube.
- They are the first K-pop group to perform a song (IDOL) on the America’s Got Talent stage.
- BTS is the first Korean artist to speak in front of the UN General Assembly.
- On October 6, 2018, BTS performs at Citi Field in New York, becoming the first and only K-pop artist to perform at a stadium in the United States.
- BTS becomes the first and only artist to receive an official double million certification from Gaon.
- BTS becomes the first and only Korean artist to surpass one billion streams on Apple Music.
BTS becomes the first group in K-pop history to be nominated for the BBMAs, attend the ceremony and win the Billboard Top Social Artist Award 2017 category with a number of votes never seen before since the creation of the BBMAs. categories voted by the public with more than 300 million votes, obtained in three weeks of voting.
They are the third group to win a major award outside of Korea, with the first being BIGBANG and the second being Super Junior.
BTS is the second K-pop group to win Best International Artist at the 2017 Teen Choice Awards, following Super Junior in 2015.
It is the first group to win the Artist of the Year Award at MAMA for two consecutive years. They are the second group to win the Global Artist Award in MMA after Girls’ Generation with “The Boys” in 2011.
With the release of MIC Drop Remix, they stayed on the Billboard HOT100 for 10 consecutive weeks, breaking their previous record with their song DNA.
On October 8, 2018, it was revealed that BTS is the first idol group to receive the Medal of Cultural Merit from the Korean Government and its members are the youngest to accept it.
BTS becomes the first K-pop artist to win an award at the American Music Awards.
On the December 19, 2017 broadcast of NBC ‘s ‘5AM Morning News’, one of the largest news stations in the United States, Jonghyun’s death was reported on live television in a news update on the station. local NBC in Chicago. However, the video that plays during the segment is not of Jonghyun, but of BTS on their Ellen DeGeneres Show episode. Not only was the wrong video used, NBC Chicagomade a continuous approach to RM when talking about Jonghyun. They also talk about SHINee on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, as if they were BTS. The news segment host also claims that SHINee attended the AMAs. Fans flooded the NBC Chicago Twitter account extremely angry about the mistake, claiming that no one at NBC Chicago took the time to research who Jonghyun or even SHINee was with a basic Google search. In response to the strong criticism of their mistake, NBC Chicago apologized via Twitter, stating, “Yesterday, while reporting on the death of Kim Jong Hyun, a member of the popular South Korean boy band SHINee, NBC 5 aired a video of BTS by mistake during our morning newscast. We sincerely apologize for this mistake.”
On January 24, 2018, Big Hit Entertainment made an official announcement through the group’s fan cafe informing fans of the members’ decision to only accept fan mail from now on: “After a long and exhaustive discussion with BTS members about the gifts they send with sincere hearts, we decided not to receive any more gifts (delivery service and support) except letters. Only gifts sent before 6:00 pm on Friday, March 30 will be delivered to artists After March 30, only letters will be given to artists, however, fan events prepared to support BTS members at Korea and Global concerts and official fan meetings may continue after March 30. approval like they used to. Both MIC Drop,
DARK&WILD release date: 20-Aug-2014
WINGS release date: 10-Oct-2016
Love Yourself 轉 ‘Tear’ Release date: 18-May-2018
MAP OF THE SOUL: 7 Release date: 21-February-2020
화양연화: Young Forever The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever Release date: 02-May-2016
WINGS: You Never Walk Alone release date: 13-Feb-2017
LOVE YOURSELF 結 ‘Answer’ release date: 24-Aug-2018
O!RUL8,2? release date: 11-Sep-2013
Skool Luv Affair release date: 12-Feb-2014
화양연화 Pt. 1 The Most Beautiful Moment In Life Pt. 1 release date: 29-Apr-2015
화양연화 Pt. 2 The Most Beautiful Moment In Life Pt. 2 release date: 30-Nov-2015
Love Yourself: 承 ‘HER’ release date: 18-Sep-2017
Skool Luv Affair (Special Addition) release date: 14-May-2014
2 COOL 4 SKOOL release date: 12-Jun-2013
Danger (Mo-Blue Remix) release date: 21-Nov-2014
Come Back Home release date: 04-July-2017
MIC Drop (Steve Aoki Remix) release date: 24-November-2017
FAKE LOVE (Rocking Vibe Mix) release date: 04-Jun-2018
- Jason Derulo – Savage Love (feat. BTS) (2020) (Remix)
- Lauv – Make it right (feat. BTS) 2019 (Remix)
- Ed Sheeran – Make it right (Feat. BTS) (2019) (lyrics)
- Halsey- Boy with luv (Feat. BTS) (2019)
- Nicky Minaj- Idol (Feat. BTS) (2018)
- Steve Aoki- Waste It On Me (Feat. BTS) (2018)
- The Chainsmokers – Best Of Me (Feat. BTS) (2017) (lyrics)
- Kan Mi Youn – 바보 같은 여자 라 (Feat. BTS) (2011)
- Lee Seung Gi – 널 웃게 할 노래 (Feat. BTS, Hareem)(2011)
- Lee Hyun – Bad Girl (Feat. GLAM & BTS) (2011) Outdoors
- 2AM – Love U, Hate U (Feat. BTS) (2010)
- Lim Jeong Hee – 재 (Feat. BTS) (2010)
- 2018: TV Asahi’s Music Station (9.11, Japan)
- 2018: ITV Lorraine (15.10, UK)
- 2018: BBC The Graham Norton Show (12.10, UK)
- 2018: Good Morning America (26.09, USA)
- 2018: The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (25.09, USA)
- 2018: America’s Got Talent (13.09, USA)
- 2018: The Ellen Show (25.05, USA)
- 2017: TV Tokyo Japan Countdown (3.06)
- 2017: SBS News 8 (3.06.17, interview)
- 2017: The Late Late Show! (30.11, USA)
- 2017: Jimmy Kimmel Live! (30.11, USA)
- 2017: The Ellen Show (28.11, USA)
- 2017: Please Take Care of My Refrigerator – Jin and Jimin
- 2017: (JTBC) Knowing Bros (23.09)
- 2017: Bon Voyage Season 2 (V app)
- 2017: Run, BTS! S2 (VLive)
- 2017: BTS Gayo Track S2 (VLive)
- 2017: Hello Counselor – Jin and Jimin
- 2017: Idol Party (07.03)
- 2017: Shin Yang Nam Show (23.02)
- 2017: Idol Star Athletic Championship (30.01)
- 2017: Law of the Jungle – Jin (06.01)
- 2016: StarShow 360 (16.11)
- 2016: Idol Star Athletic Championship (15.09)
- 2016: King of Mask Singer ep. 71 and 72 – Jungkook
- 2016: SBS God’s Workplace – Jimin and J-Hope
- 2016: Duet Song Festival – RM (01.07)
- 2016: SBS Star King – RM, J-Hope and Jimin
- 2016: Bon Voyage (VLive)
- 2016: Idol Star Athletic Championship (09-10.02.09)
- 2016: The boss is watching (lunar year special) (06.02)
- 2016: SBS Star King ep.433 – V and J-Hope (12.01)
- 2015: KBS 2015 KBS Gayo Daechukjae – Jimin, J-Hope and Jungkook (24.12)
- 2015: Arirang After School Club ep. 191 (22.12)
- 2015: Weekly Idol (16.12)
- 2015: My Pet Clinic – V, Jimin and J-Hope (11.11)
- 2015: Idol Star Athletic Championship (28.09)
- 2015: Running Man ep. 265 – RM (20.09)
- 2015: Run, BTS! (VLive)
- 2015: BTS Gayo Track (VLive)
- 2015: Yaman TV (29.06)
- 2015: Yaman TV (22.06)
- 2015: Weekly Idol (17.06)
- 2015: Starcast BTS Lucky or Not
- 2014: A Song for You ep. 12 (14.10)
- 2014: Arirang After School Club ep. 95 (26.08)
- 2014: Jjang Interview
- 2014: 4 Things Show episode 3
- 2014: Idol Star Athletic Championship (9.06)
- 2014: Arirang After School Club ep. 70 – RM, Jimin and Jungkook (28.05)
- 2014: Weekly Idol (30.04)
- 2014: Beatles Code (03.25) with Park Ji Yoon
- 2014: Arirang After School Club ep. 46 (26.2)
- 2013: Mnet Wide Open Studio
- 2013: Arirang TV Pops in Seoul
- 2013: Arirang After School Club ep. 24 (25.09)
- 2013: ‘7color Concert’
- 2020: BTS In The Soop (Weverse)
- 2020: Break The Silence (Youtube Originals)
- 2019: BTS Bon Voyage Season 4 in New Zealand (Weverse)
- 2019: Bring The Soul (Docu-series)(Youtube Originals)
- 2018: BTS Bon Voyage Season 3 in Malta (Vlive)
- 3/28/2018: Burn The Stage (YouTube Red)
- 2017: BTS Bon Voyage Season 2 in Hawaii (VLive)
- 2016: BTS Bon Voyage in Europe (VLive)
- 2014: MNET BTS American Hustle Life
- 2013: SBS MTV Bangtan Rookie King
2017: Power FM Cultwo Show (21.09)
2016: SBS Power FM Park Seo Hyun “Love game” (20.10)
2016: Power FM Cultwo Show (13.10)
2016: Power FM Cultwo Show (12.05)
2015: Changmin’s Music Plaza (20.12)
2015: MBS “Till Dawn MUSIC” (12.15)
2015: KBS Cool FM Kiss The Radio (07.02)
2015: SBS Power FM Park Seo Hyun “Love game” (06.29)
2015: MBC Radio Jung Joon Young SimSimtapa (05.21)
2015: KBS Cool FM Kiss The Radio (5.05)
2015: MBC C-Radio Idol True Colors (07.03) – no RM
2014: KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio (04.01) – Jimin, J-Hope
2014: Volume Up Radio (12.09)
2014: KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio (01.09) – Jimin
2013: Jang Yoon Ju Rooftop Radio Show (13.10)
2013: KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio (06.10)
2013: MBC ShimShim Tapa Radio (01.10)
2013: KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio (11.08) – RM, Suga
2013: KBS Sukira Kiss The Radio (29.06)